Tabs

Monday, October 26, 2015

Cold Comfort Farm's Holiday Farmers Market Opens Tomorrow

Well, we are doing it!  Tomorrow we open our first Holiday Farmer's Market!!! Below are some photos of the "Market."
Keva's Christmas Corner

Diane's embroidered tote bags


Rory's, Keva's, and Diane's products

Part of my lavender and tea products display

Now I need to explain what this market is all about.  During the time I was not posting to our blog, I decided to take my homemade lavender and herbal products to Algomah Acres Honey House Meadery in Greenland, MI and their fall craft festival.  I added some of Keva's crafts from Acorn Grove and Diane's embroidery items from her Etsy business, which I had brought back with me from my late summer visit to St. Louis.  We all did pretty well that day and it sparked my past desire to have a shop here at the farm.

After much thought and discussions with Mark, we decided that I would open a small shop (now legally a farmers market) in our summer kitchen. This market would be open for about 2 months in the fall and again in the spring. Our summer is WAY too busy for me to take the time to stock and operate it...and it will NOT be an honor shop as some of our veggie farms run. We will be open three days a week from 10 am to 4 pm; one of those days being Saturday so we give working people an opportunity to come shop.

With the decision made, I moved all the non-essential kitchen stuff out of the summer kitchen, cleaned, and painted three walls. 
Then I brought the metal shelves back in and used anything we had on hand to build the product displays you saw above - I can't believe how everything fell into place.  Now we can experiment with this small market stand - Wish Us Luck!!!  I'll keep you posted on our progress.



1 comment:

  1. Good luck to all of you talented ladies. What lavender products do you have available? Miss you.

    ReplyDelete